Declutter your home before selling
Inspiration : 10 - 01 - 22
A neat and tidy home will always prove to be more appealing to prospective buyers than a space that is overrun by clutter.
During the winter months it is easy for the clutter to pile up, whether it’s books, mail, paperwork, festive decorations, or general odds and ends.
If you are preparing to sell your property, we recommend having a good clear out before any marketing photos are taken in preparation for those all-important viewings.
If you don’t know where to begin, here are some top tips to help you declutter your home:
1. If you are short of cupboard space, investing in practical storage solutions will enable you to put some of your items away. Consider using under-the-sink drawers, through to vacuum storage bags which can slide under a bed.
2. Throw out any items in your home that have expired or ones that you haven’t used for some time. It is amazing how quickly kitchen and bathroom products can accumulate.
3. If you have any unwanted items that are in good shape, why not bag these up and donate them to a local charity shop?
4. Open shelves can look fantastic if they aren’t covered in knick-knacks. Try to reduce the number of items on display so that your book collection has room to grow.
5. By keeping worktops and tables clear, this will create the illusion of clean space.
If you need some advice before marketing your home, please contact our friendly team today on 01252 717705.