West Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7DU£1,500,000
Property SummaryA rare opportunity to acquire a most attractive detached character house, with parts dating back to the 19th Century - set in a peaceful cul-de-sac in a fine walled garden, in the heart of Farnham town centre
- 4 bedrooms
- En-suite dressing room and shower room
- Family bathroom
- Loft room
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Dining room
- Family room
- Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility room
- Entrance lobby
- Delightful walled and well screened gardens
- Barn style/car port and garden store/workshop
- Large gravelled drive with parking for a number of cars
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
* A rare opportunity to acquire a most attractive detached character house, with parts dating back to the 19th Century, set in a peaceful cul-de-sac in a fine walled garden, in the heart of Farnham town centre.
* Entrance lobby with cloaks cupboard.
* Door through to dining room. Double doors to sitting room and staircase to first floor.
* Under stairs cupboard.
* Fine sitting room with bay window, feature fireplace with wood burning stove. French doors to garden.
* Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room with excellent range of fitted units, granite worktop, tiled surround, instant hot water tap, water softener, inset ceiling lights, some integrated appliances, extractor hood, tiled flooring. Breakfast area into bay window.
* Inner lobby and cloakroom.
* Utility room with sink unit and cupboards. Door to courtyard.
* Stairs to first floor.
* Master bedroom with bay window.
* Dressing room with deep walk-in wardrobes.
* En-suite bath and shower room with underfloor heating.
* 3 further bedrooms.
* Family bathroom with underfloor heating.
* Store room.
* Loft hatch and ladder from landing up to second floor large loft room, access to loft store.
* Approached by private lane to large gravelled drive, parking for a number of cars.
* Barn style car port and garden store/workshop.
* Garden store room.
* A fine feature walled and fenced garden with attractive courtyard patio, lawns, well stocked flower and shrub borders and trees.
* Services - Mains water, electricity and drainage. Gas heating. Double glazing.
* Local Authority - Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR. Tel: 01483 523333.
* Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.22 of £3,488.01
* EPC rating - D
* Tenure - Freehold
* Miscellaneous - Safe.
* The property is situated in the heart of Farnham town centre, within a short walk of the shops, mainline station and beautiful open countryside.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants including Cote Brasserie, Pizza Express and Zizzi. There is a Sainsburys, Waitrose, DC Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Leisure Centre and Farnham's historic deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
* Communications are first class with the A31/A3 and mainline station providing links to London and the South Coast. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Castle Street 500 yards. Mainline station ¼ mile (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* A3 8 miles, A31 ¼ mile
* Guildford 10 miles, London 40 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
* Proceed out of Farnham via West Street - carry on past Farnham library and turn left into Bishops Mead. Number 4 can be found at the end of the lane on the right.
Map & Directions
STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.
Lettings Managed By Green Door Property Management
Andrew Lodge work in conjunction with Green Door Property Management in order to provide a personal and specialist service in residential lettings, providing all administrative and management services for you as a client. A guide to our terms of appointment and fees can be found Here