Vine Lane, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4TD£700,000VIEW ALL IMAGES
Property Summary* No Onward Chain *
A charming detached period cottage set amidst pretty cottage gardens in a peaceful mature garden setting, convenient to Rowledge village and all amenities
- Entrance porch
- Fine sitting/dining room
- Well fitted kitchen/breakfast room
- Study/bedroom 3
- 2 double bedrooms
- Modern bathroom with large shower cubicle
- Car port
- Attractive established cottage gardens
- Scope to extend subject to planning consents
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
* Spooners Cottage is a charming detached single storey period home (we believe dating back to 1800), in this tucked away and peaceful location convenient to Farnham town centre and the vibrant and active village of Rowledge. The property, which has been fully refurbished in recent years, has a warm and welcoming appeal and offers well balanced and beautifully appointed accommodation, set amidst pretty cottage gardens with many specimen plants.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* There is a great flow between the rooms and a wealth of character including exposed timbers. The light and airy double aspect sitting/dining room is fitted with a Fired Earth tiled floor, an attractive stone fireplace and double glazed french doors which open directly onto the private south west facing sun terrace. The good sized snug/study could potentially be utilised as a third bedroom, offering versatility to the accommodation.
* The stunning shaker style kitchen/breakfast room by Optiplan is fitted with an excellent range of units, many integrated appliances and is complimented by granite worktops and an attractive fired earth tiled floor. In addition, there are two double bedrooms, and a modern white four piece bathroom suite and large walk-in shower cubicle with non-slip floor.
* Spooners Cottage is approached via double gates leading to a concrete driveway providing off road parking and a detached open bay car port. The beautiful private and secluded cottage gardens are planted with an array of specimen shrubs, along with many perennials and spring bulbs. Species include Rhododendron, Philadelphus, Buddleia, Lavender, Pieris, Camellia and Forsythia and pond. To the rear is a large paved sun terrace which enjoys a pleasant south westerly aspect and new side paved patio for entertaining. There is also a garden arbour with grape vine and a garden shed.
* Car port (constructed to easily convert to a garage if desired)
* Large garden shed.
* Services - All mains services. Gas fired central heating. Mains drainage. Double glazed.
* Local Authority - Waverley B. C., The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR 01483 523333
* Council Tax - Band E with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.22 of £2,557.88
* Tenure - Freehold.
* EPC Rating - D
* Spooners Cottage is conveniently situated in this quiet residential backwater on the favoured south side of Farnham. Local shops, mainline station and town centre are all within a short distance.
* There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area including Rowledge Primary School, Waverley Abbey, South Farnham School, Weydon Secondary School, Edgeborough, Frensham Heights and Barfield.
* Local facilities are close by at The Bourne and Rowledge, and include the Holly Tree surgery (walk-in service), store/post office, public houses, newsagents, butchers, veterinary clinic, chemist, tennis courts, recreation grounds and church.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants including Cote Brasserie, Pizza Express and Zizzi. There is a Sainsburys, Waitrose, DC Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Leisure Centre and Farnham's historical deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
* Communications are first class with the A31 and mainline station providing links to London and the south coast. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Sporting facilities include several golf courses and sailing at Frensham Pond. The surrounding countryside and national trust land provides excellent opportunities for country pursuits. Nearby Alice Holt Forest offers a safe location for walking, running, cycling, fishing and riding that covers over 2,000 acres.
* Farnham 2 ½ miles (Waterloo from 53 minutes).
* Guildford (A3) 12 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes).
* A31, 2 ½ miles, London 40 miles.
(All distances and times are approximate)
Proceed out of Farnham town centre along Firgrove Hill (A287). At the traffic lights turn right into The Ridgway which becomes Shortheath Road and then Echo Barn Lane. Turn left into Sandrock Hill Road and continue passing Rock Lane on the right. Take the next right turn into Jubilee Lane and second right into Vine Lane. Spooners Cottage can be found on the left hand side after a short distance.
Map & Directions
STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.