Tilford Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8DS£1,795,000VIEW ALL IMAGES
Property SummarySubstantial wing of an Arts and Crafts house, circa 1905, set in delightful south facing grounds of approximately 1 acre
- 5 double bedrooms (most south facing)
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 reception rooms
- Fitted kitchen
- Extended breakfast and family room (extensions)
- Many original features & high ceilings
- 2 garages with workshop
- Delightful south facing grounds of approximately 1 acre
- Substantial drive and parking
- Short distance of mainline station
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
* A substantial wing of an Arts and Crafts house, circa 1905, set in delightful south facing grounds of approximately 1 acre. The main house was divided in the mid 1950s to give two substantial dwellings. The property retains some of the original spacious rooms from the main house, together with areas from the servants quarters. Most of the principal rooms are south facing and benefit from high ceilings. The property has undergone two extensions, an additional garage and workshop in 1986 and a breakfast/family room in 1992.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Front door to: Reception hall with wood flooring, understairs cupboard, stairs to first floor.
* Cloakroom with w.c and wash basin.
* Drawing room with feature inglenook fireplace, exposed beams, wood flooring, door to rear.
* Dining room - front aspect, wood flooring.
* Kitchen comprising range of units, worktops, double drainer inset sink unit, space for appliances, glass display cabinet, tiled floor. Open to:
* Breakfast room with double aspect, door to garden, wood flooring. Open to:
* Sitting/family room with triple aspect, double doors to garden, wood flooring, wood burning stove.
* Stairs to first floor landing with walk-in linen/airing room with hot water tank.
* Master bedroom, triple aspect, two built-in wardrobes, wash basin.
* Family bathroom comprising panel enclosed bath, w.c., bidet, pedestal wash hand basin, shower cubicle, part tiled walls, heated towel rail, 1930's glazed panels.
* Bedroom 2, double aspect, two built-in wardrobes, wash basin.
* Bedroom 3 with double aspect, built-in wardrobe, fireplace.
* Stairs to second floor landing.
* Bedroom 4, rear aspect, access to eaves storage and walk-in loft.
* Bedroom 5, rear aspect. Door to storage area.
* Bathroom comprising bath, w.c., wash basin, access to eaves storage.
* Garage (14'6 x 10'6) with double doors, two rear doors, rear window, boiler.
* Garage (19'3 x 11') with double doors, side door and window, rear door. Open to Workshop (12'3 x10'11) with double aspect, door to front.
* Outside w.c.
* To the front the property is approached via a large gravelled driveway providing ample parking and turning. Flower and shrub beds and borders.
* The well stocked rear gardens are south facing and extend to circa 1 acre in total. Large areas of lawns, mature flower and shrub beds, trees, hedging, patio. Summerhouse and fish pond.
Services - Mains water, gas and electricity. Gas central heating to radiators. Secondary glazing.
Local Authority - Waverley B. C., The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR 01483 523333
Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.22 of £3,488.01
Tenure - Freehold
EPC Rating - D
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants including Cote Brasserie, Pizza Express and Zizzi. There is a Sainsburys, Waitrose, DC Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Leisure Centre and Farnham's historical deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
* Excellent opportunities exist within the immediate area of North Downs Way for walking, riding and cycling with much of the neighbouring land belonging to the National Trust, Forestry Commission and RSPB. There are also a good selection of golf courses in the area, including Hankley, Farnham and Puttenham, as well as sailing at Frensham Great Pond.
* There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area including St Polycarp's, South Farnham School, Weydon Secondary School, Edgeborough, Frensham Heights and Barfield.
* Communications are first class with the A31/A3 providing links to London and the south coast. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Farnham town centre ¾ mile, mainline station ½ mile (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford (A3) 9 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes)
* A31 ¼ mile
* London 43 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
* Leave Farnham town centre via South Street and at the traffic lights continue over the A31. Proceed over the level crossing and bear right into Tilford Road. Summercourt can be found along after the traffic lights on the right.
Map & Directions
STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.