Shortheath Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 8SR£1,500,000VIEW ALL IMAGES
Property SummaryA handsome detached character family home with well proportioned accommodation, occupying a wonderful plot extending to approximately 0.39 of an acre in a convenient location to the south of Farnham
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bath/shower rooms (1 en-suite)
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Garden room
- Study (forming part of garage)
- Reception hall
- Garden store & boiler room
- Parking & turning on driveway
- Wonderful manicured gardens
- Distant views
- Approximately 0.39 of an acre
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
* An appealing detached family home of considerable charm and character with well presented and spaciously arranged accommodation over 2 floors, centrally positioned in beautiful grounds and found most convenient to local amenities.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Arched glass panelled doors to Entrance Porch - hardwood front door to:
* Spacious reception hall - picture rails, staircase to first floor, understairs storage cupboard.
* Cloakroom - rear aspect, w.c., wash hand basin, plumbing for washing machine, part tiled walls.
* Sitting room - double aspect, attractive fireplace housing log burning stove, wall light points, picture rail, fitted shelving, TV aerial point, double glazed casement double doors to front.
* Dining room - front aspect, attractive bay, half panelled walls, attractive brick open fireplace with timber mantle and quarry tiled hearth.
* Garden room - wonderful outlook over rear garden and far reaching views, double glazed casement double doors to outside.
* Kitchen/breakfast room - rear aspect, sink unit, wealth of eye and base level units, roll edge work surfaces, electric double oven, induction hob, extractor hood, plumbing for dishwasher, built-in store cupboards, space for table and chairs, door to lobby/store and door to outside. Door to:
Modern Shower Room
* Modern shower room - rear aspect, fully tiled shower cubicle with glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail.
* Study - side aspect, (converted from garage but could be reinstated), desk unit, fitted shelving, door to:
* Store - timber double garage doors, electric meters.
* Stairs to first floor Landing - access to loft, picture rails.
* Bedroom - front aspect, wonderful outlook over manicured gardens, built-in wardrobes, fitted book shelving, picture rails.
En-suite Shower Room
* En-suite shower room - fully tiled shower cubicle with glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin, w.c., bathroom cabinet, heated towel rail.
* Bedroom - double aspect, far reaching views, built-in wardrobe and linen cupboard, picture rails, wash hand basin, tiled surround.
* Bedroom - front aspect, picture rail, pedestal wash hand basin, built-in wardrobes.
* Bedroom - front aspect, pedestal wash hand basin, picture rails, eaves storage cupboard.
* Bathroom - modern suite comprising panel enclosed bath, vanity wash hand basin with cupboards under, w.c., fully tiled shower cubicle with glass screen, heated towel rail, part tiled walls.
* To the front - driveway flanked by mature trees opening to a sweeping shingled parking area for several vehicles. Manicured front gardens predominantly laid to lawn, mature borders with a variety of specimen plants, shrubs and trees and spring bulbs. Screened and enclosed by fencing and mature hedging.
* To the rear - two gated side accesses to the rear garden. A wonderful rear garden incorporating paved seating area ideal for entertaining and alfresco dining with shingled borders. Shaped areas of lawn with manicured borders, stocked with a variety of bulbs, specimen plants, shrubs and trees, enclosed by fencing and mature hedging and enjoying far reaching distant views. Timber shed. The whole extending to approximately 0.39 of an acre, offering a good degree of privacy and seclusion. Outside tap.
* Boiler house - Potterton gas fired boiler, gas meter, power and light. Outside security light.
* Services - Mains water, drainage, electricity. Gas central heating to radiators.
* Local Authority - Waverley B. C., The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR 01483 523333
* Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.22 of £3,488.01
* Tenure - Freehold.
* EPC Rating - D
* The property is situated in a highly popular and convenient location to the south of Farnham within a moments walk of the Ridgway shops offering a Tesco Express, bakery, butchers and Langhams recreational ground.
* There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area including South Farnham (Primary and Nursery) School, Weydon Secondary School, Edgeborough, Frensham Heights and Barfield.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants. There is a Sainsburys, Waitrose, DC Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Leisure Centre and Farnham's historical deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking and cycling.
* Communications are first class with the A31/A3 and mainline station providing links to London and the South Coast. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Farnham town centre 1 mile (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford (A3) 9 miles, London 40 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
Leave Farnham via the A287 Firgrove Hill and continue to the top. At the traffic lights turn right into Ridgway Road which becomes Shortheath Road. Number 24 can be found along on the right hand side.
Map & Directions
STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.
Lettings Managed By Green Door Property Management
Andrew Lodge work in conjunction with Green Door Property Management in order to provide a personal and specialist service in residential lettings, providing all administrative and management services for you as a client. A guide to our terms of appointment and fees can be found Here