Petworth Road, Wormley, Godalming, Surrey, GU8 5SW£2,500,000VIEW ALL IMAGES
Property Summary**No Onward Chain**
An amazing Grade II listed former open hall house set in delightful grounds of circa 2.65 acres set in the attractive village of Wormley with miles of country walks surrounding
- • Master suite with dressing room and en-suite bathroom
- • Guest bedroom with en-suite shower room
- • 4 further bedrooms
- • 2 further bathrooms
- • Separate WC
- • Drawing room
- • Dining room
- • Snug
- • Kitchen/breakfast room
- • Family room
- • Utilityroom
- • 2 cloakrooms
- • Reception hall
- • 2 storey barn style garage
- • Store room
- • Heated swimming pool
- • Hard tennis court
- • Delightful grounds of circa 2.65 acres
- • 2 storey former granary with power
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
An amazing Grade II listed former open hall house, steeped in history and character with excellent ceiling heights, rare for age of property, located on the outskirts of the attractive village of Witley. Set in delightful grounds of circa 2.65 acres, with miles of country walks surrounding, Culmer Farmhouse dates from around 1400 with later additions during the 15th, 16th and 20th centuries. This beautiful and unique property offers well appointed and versatile family accommodation with many fine period features including inglenook fireplaces in the main reception rooms, oak beams, vaulted ceilings and a feature crown post in the main bedroom. The bath and shower rooms have recently been refurbished to an extremely high standard.
* The 40ft kitchen/breakfast/family room incorporates an Aga with lovely views over the grounds and direct access to the gardens.
Principle reception room
* The spaciously arranged principle reception rooms are set on the south side of the house and are centred around a large York stone paved terrace, providing a sheltered entertaining area during the Summer.
* On the first floor there is a stunning master suite with en-suite bathroom, dressing room and vaulted ceiling, five further double bedrooms and three bathrooms.
* To the front, the house is approached via a pair of electrically operated gates leading to the driveway.
* The main outbuildings include a 70ft timber framed 2 storey garage and barn, with the potential to convert into a separate annexe subject to the necessary consents.
* The beautiful grounds, designed by Gertrude Jekyll, are well established and incorporate a wealth of mature trees, shrubs and plants, providing a high degree of privacy and seclusion. The formal gardens are mainly walled and edged with deep, well stocked borders featuring an array of specimen shrubs, ornamental trees including a magnificent Magnolia, flowering plants, large expanse of lawn and a pretty Lily pond.
Heated swimming pool
* Heated swimming pool set into a paved terrace (gas boiler and filtration units in pool house).
* Hard tennis court.
* Gate leads to separate paddock.
* Delightful 2 storey timber framed former granary with electricity which would lend itself to conversion into home office.
Services - Mains water, gas and electricity. Gas fired central heating to radiators. Private drainage.
Local Authority - Waverley B C, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1HR 01483 523333
Council Tax - Band H with an annual charge for the year ending 30.03.23 of £4,369.12
EPC is not required as the property is Grade II listed.
* Culmer Farmhouse occupies a convenient position on the outskirts of the village of Witley, some nine miles south of Guildford and only a ten minute walk from Witley train station, with frequent services direct to London Waterloo. There is a local convenience shop for daily needs whilst at nearby Milford there are further local shops and an excellent farm shop.
* Godalming offers an even wider range of amenities including shops, churches, banks, restaurants and a sports centre. London commuters have three popular stations nearby at Witley, Milford and Godalming providing fast and regular services to London Waterloo.
* There are many excellent schools in the area, both state and private, including Charterhouse, RGS, Guildford High School, Cranleigh School, King Edwards at Witley, St Catherine's at Bramley and Priorsfield at Godalming.
* The area comprises largely Green Belt with open farmland and managed woodland and is surrounded by the Surrey Hills AONB. Nearby Witley and Milford Commons are owned by the National Trust and offer a range of rural activities and a visitor centre.
* Communications are very good with the A283 connecting with the A3 at Milford which in turn joins the M25 at Wisley for access to the airports and the national motorway network.
* Recreational opportunities include golf at a number of clubs within easy reach, sport and leisure centres at Godalming and Cranleigh, fishing at Enton Lakes and miles of open country for walking or riding.
* Witley station - 1 mile (serving London Waterloo)
* A3 - 3 miles
* Godalming - 4 miles
* Guildford - 9 miles
* Central London - 40 miles
(All distances are approximate)
* From Guildford, take the A3 south and turn off at the Milford exit. Follow the signs for the A283 (Petworth/Chiddingfold) and continue through the village of Witley, past the White Hart public house on the left, and after about 0.33 miles the large oak entrance gates to Culmer Farmhouse will be found on the left, immediately before Culmer Lane.
Map & Directions
STAMP DUTY CALCULATOR
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.