Old Frensham Road, Lower Bourne, Farnham£1,500,000VIEW ALL IMAGES
Property SummaryA handsome and well proportioned detached character family home occupying a wonderful plot convenient to the Bourne woods and village centre
- Entrance porch
- Reception hall
- Drawing room
- Dining room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Utility/boot room
- 5 bedrooms
- Dressing room
Enquire about this property
call 01252 717705or
* A handsome and most appealing detached family home built in the 1920s and offering considerable charm and character. The property affords spacious, well proportioned and flexible accommodation and offering scope for further improvements. The property occupies a delightful plot with mature secluded grounds extending to approximately 0.76 of an acre. There is a heated outdoor pool, outbuilding/workshop, space for garaging subject to planning permission and parking and turning for several vehicles.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Front door to Reception hall - oak flooring, staircase to first floor, understairs store cupboard.
* Cloakroom - side aspect, Royal Doulton suite comprising w.c., and pedestal wash hand basin.
* Drawing room - triple aspect, stone open fireplace, Columbian pine flooring, delightful outlook.
* Study - double aspect, attractive bay window, stone fireplace (not in use), fitted display shelving, oak flooring.
* Dining room - triple aspect, open fireplace, ornate timber mantle and surround, walk-in store cupboard.
* Kitchen/breakfast room - triple aspect room and comprising Franke twin sink unit with mixer tap and cupboards under, tiled worktops with good range of cupboards and drawers under, matching eye level units, Aeg electric double oven, four ring gas hob, space for dishwasher, space for large fridge/freezer, cupboard concealing Potterton gas fired boiler. Breakfast area - space for large table and chairs, Velux window, oak flooring, door to rear.
* Utility/boot room - Potential Annexe area. Butler sink, tiled worktops, cupboards under, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble drier, space for chest freezer, store cupboard, door to porch, casement double doors to outside and door to garden store with light and providing useful storage. Second staircase to Guest suite/bedroom 5.
* Stairs to first floor landing from reception hall, with access to two lofts both with pull down ladders, one with central boarding, light and power in both.
* Master bedroom - double aspect, built-in wardrobes.
* Dressing room - side aspect, built-in wardrobes with cupboards above.
* En-suite bathroom - front aspect, tile enclosed bath, overhead shower, vanity wash hand basin with cupboards under, w.c., fully tiled walls, shelving.
* Bedroom 2 - triple aspect, fitted shelving.
* Bedroom 3 - double aspect, built-in wardrobes and fitted shelving, vanity wash hand basin with cupboard under, wall light points.
* Bedroom 4 - double aspect.
* Bedroom 5/guest suite - triple aspect, casement double doors to rear, double wardrobe.
* En-suite shower room, fully tiled shower cubicle, glass screen, w.c., pedestal wash hand basin, fully tiled walls, bathroom cupboard.
* Bathroom - frosted window, tile enclosed bath, w.c., vanity wash hand basin with cupboard under, shower cubicle with glass screen, fully tiled walls.
* Timber gates to driveway providing parking for several vehicles and space for garaging subject to planning permission, further timber gate to additional parking area with space for boat/caravan etc.
* Gardens and grounds - wonderful established grounds incorporating large paved terrace ideal for entertaining and alfresco dining, shaped areas of lawn on varying levels, dry stone walls and pathways, mature flower and shrub borders. Greenhouse. Swimming pool with paved surround. Mature rhododendrons, shrubs and trees. Outside lighting and censor light, two outside taps. The whole extending to approximately 0.76 of an acre and offering privacy and seclusion.
* Outbuilding/workshop housing pump, boiler and filtration unit. Tool shed.
* Services - Mains water, electricity and drainage. Gas central heating.
* Local Authority - Waverley B. C., The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR 01483 523333
* Council Tax - Band G with an annual charge for the year ending 31.03.21 of £3,389.85
* EPC rating - E (50)
* The property is situated to the south of Farnham in the extremely sought after village of Lower Bourne, offering a store/post office, chemist, public house, Doctors surgery, Veterinary clinic and the Bourne green. The Bourne Woods are within a moment's walk away providing wonderful opportunities for outdoor pursuits.
* The Georgian town centre of Farnham offers a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and cultural pursuits, with bustling cobbled courtyards boasting many shops, cafés and an excellent choice of restaurants. There is a Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Leisure Centre, David Lloyd Club, local Rugby, Football and Tennis clubs, and Farnham's historic deer park offering over 300 acres of beautiful open countryside, providing opportunities for walking, cycling and dog walking.
* There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area including the renowned South Farnham School, Weydon Secondary School, Edgeborough, Frensham Heights and Barfield.
* There are excellent opportunities within the immediate area for walking, riding and cycling with much of the neighbouring land belonging to the National Trust. Sailing is also available at the nearby Frensham Great Pond.
* Communications are first class with the A31 and mainline station about 2 miles and the A3 about 7 miles. The A331 Blackwater Valley road links Farnham with the M3, M25 and Heathrow.
* Farnham town centre 1.2 miles (Waterloo from 53 minutes)
* Guildford 12 miles (Waterloo from 38 minutes)
* A31/A3 2 miles, London 40 miles
(All distances and times are approximate)
Leave Farnham via Firgrove Hill. At the traffic lights at the main crossroads, go straight across onto the Frensham Road. Continue down into Lower Bourne and after passing the shops, turn left into Old Frensham Road. The Bourne Green is on your left hand side and the property can be found further along on the left hand side after a few hundred yards.
For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these particulars as a general guide only. They are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract. All information should be verified by yourself and your professional advisors. We have not carried out a survey nor have we tested the services, appliances and specific fixtures and fittings. It must not be assumed that the property has all or any necessary planning permissions, building regulations or any other consents. Room sizes are approximate and they have been taken between internal wall surfaces and therefore include cupboards, shelves etc. Accordingly they should not be relied upon for carpets, curtains and furnishings.